Solar installation crew chief
|Listed||8 Aug 2012|
A1 Sun, based in Berkeley, is a growing PV sales, design and installation company. We design and install both Photovoltaic (PV) and Solar Domestic Hot Water (SDHW) systems for residential and commercial clients. We are a Bay Area Certified Green Business, and maintain an environmental consciousness in everything we do. Our office and company cars run on solar electricity.
A1 Sun offers: a small company atmosphere, flexibility, variety of work responsibilities, and good opportunities for advancement.
We are currently looking for a PV Solar Lead Installer, or Crew Chief, to join our team. Candidate must have at least one year of mid-level construction experience, including electrical and/or roofing, as well as solar experience. A1 Sun strongly prefers to hire locally, within a ten mile radius of Berkeley, in the East Bay area.
A1 Sun, Inc. is also accepting resumes for the following positions:
- Junior Installer - applicants with solar experience will be preferred; Construction experience required
- Senior Installer - must have a minimum of one (1) year solar and construction experience.
- Installation of rooftop and ground mounted solar electric systems according to design specifications
- Penetrating, attaching, and sealing into a variety of building and roofing materials
- Installing module racking, wire runs, conduit, inverters, disconnects, and other equipment
- Job site management of crew, materials, and tools
- Driving company vehicle to/from job site
- Tool and material inventory and maintenance
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record -- very important
- Motivated with an attention to: productivity, detail, and safety
- Able to lead, inspire, and coordinate a small team of installers
- Good leadership, communication, and documentation skills
- Meet inspectors and fulfill code requirements with all project details
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Well skilled with power and hand tools as well as showing others how to safely use these tools
- Ability to lift 60 pounds occasionally and lessor weights throughout the day
- Able to work safely with heights, on ladders and lifts, and in confined areas
- English Speaking (bilingual a plus)
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required, (college education preferred)
- Working knowledge of NEC code.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of solar PV installation experience
- Strong construction skills and electrical skills
- Knowledge of PV system design, lay-out, and efficient installation
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again, A1 Sun strongly prefers to hire locally, within a ten mile radius of Berkeley, in the East Bay area, and we desire candidates with a clean driving record and valid CA license.
A1 Sun is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or veteran status. Candidates must have valid driver's license, and acceptable driving record.
Thank you for your interest in working for A1 Sun, Inc.